Experienced Richmond Virginia Reckless Driving Lawyers
We Fight To Get Charges Reduced or Dismissed!
Gregory R. Hough
At The Law Office of Gregory R. Hough, P.C., I leverage my criminal defense background to provide zealous and effective representation to clients in Richmond and throughout Central Virginia, who have been charged with a crime. My work as a public defender gave me a detailed insight into the Virginia criminal law system, allowing me to provide informative guidance to each of my clients and their unique situations.
Protecting You From Potentially Damaging Richmond Reckless Driving Charges at Affordable Rates
Defending your future against potentially damaging reckless driving charges can be one of the most important steps to take when you are facing charges. Our law firm is focused on the defense of traffic violations and focuses in Richmond reckless driving cases.
Our Richmond reckless driving lawyers focus on representing clients charged in Henrico County, Richmond, Chesterfield County and Hanover County, Virginia. By focusing in traffic law, we are able to better represent our clients and their specific needs. Limiting our practice area allows us to focus on a few courts and become intimately familiar with how each particular traffic court operates. This detailed knowledge helps us to better advise our clients and makes us better at what we do.
What is Reckless Driving?
- Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Virginia which means that it is a criminal office and is punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500 and/or a 6 month suspension of your license. Additionally, it carries 6 points and stays on your Virginia DMV record for 11 years.
- The most common type of reckless driving is reckless driving by speed (§46.2-862) which means that you were traveling more than 20 miles per hour over the speed limit or over 80 miles per hour regardless of the posted speed limit.
- The catch all reckless driving-general (§ 46.2-852) refers to several specific types of traffic violations which are considered to endanger yourself, others or property and is often cited in accident cases when the damage is above a certain threshold.
Dedicated Richmond Reckless Driving & Traffic Ticket Lawyers
Our Richmond criminal defense law firm addresses each of our clients’ criminal law needs in an efficient and effective manner. We have assisted countless clients in defending them against reckless driving and speeding tickets in Richmond, Virginia and surrounding areas.
As experienced and dedicated Richmond reckless driving and speeding ticket lawyers, we have focused our work on offering our clients the representation they deserve, working diligently to help them understand the charges they face, the penalties the charges carry and the court proceedings that lay before them. This knowledge allows our clients to make educated decisions on how to proceed in their criminal matter, whether it be negotiating a plea bargain or taking their case before a jury
We have found successful resolutions for countless clients including government contractors who require top secret clearance, truck drivers who face loss of their commercial drivers license (CDL) or points on their CDL, military members and under aged drinking and college students from:
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia State University
- John Tyler Community College
- J. Sergeant Community College
- Richard Bland College
- Randolph-Macon College
- Hamden-Sydney College
- College of William & Mary
- University of Virginia
- Longwood College and Mary Washington University
Call 804-864-9424 to discuss your Richmond reckless driving, traffic ticket or criminal charges and learn how our experienced Virginia lawyers can help defend you against them.